Alan Turing Institute Research Computing Service¶
The Alan Turing Institute Research Computing Service consists of:
- a Helpdesk, run by EPCC.
- the Alan Turing Institute Remote Access Service (Atiras), a Secure Safe Haven with an Intel cluster.
Note: the Cray Urika-GX service was closed on 31st December 2019.
This documentation contains:
- Helpdesk: general information on how to contact the Helpdesk.
- SAFE Documentation: general information on how to use the Turing’s SAFE for helpdesk and support, managing user accounts and project research computing resources, and obtaining resource usage reports.
- Atiras, Secure Safe Haven and Intel cluster User Guide: general information on how to access, connect to and use Atiras.
- Alan Turing Institute SAFE Overview
- SAFE for Individual Users
- SAFE for Project Leaders
- Atiras, Secure Safe Haven and Intel cluster
- Connecting to Atiras
- Use web browser to access the Atiras portal
- View your available connections
- Connect via SSH (secure shell) session
- Connect via RDP (remote desktop) session
- Disconnect from SSH (secure shell) session
- Disconnect from RDP (remote desktop) session
- After disconnecting from a session
- Change your Atiras portal password
- Change your virtual machine password
- Logout from the Atiras portal
- Using the build arena
- Using the Secure Safe Haven